Saturday, January 2, 2010

West Virginia Vital Records

Thanks to some other blogs that I follow I discovered that you can now find quite a few vital records online for the state of West Virginia. Their site West Virginia Vital Records has birth records that start as early as 1790 in Monroe County while the majority begin in the mid 1850s. The last searchable year for births in most counties is 1908. Some marriage records start as early as 1780 and run through about 1970. Death records begin as early as 1836 in Greenbrier County with most beginning in the mid 1850s and ending about 1969.

I have bookmarked this site on my computer and hope to make good use of it in any future research in the state of West Virginia. This site will also be added to my list of resources that I will take with me when I take the ICAPGen accreditation exam.

You can learn about the latest in research resources and tips by following genealogy related blogs. This information came from Genealogy Blog by Leland Meitzler


Happy hunting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment